Las Vegas is one of the most popular wedding destinations in the world, attracting celebrities and ordinary couples.
The city is named the “Marriage Capital of the World” hosting more than 150 weddings daily. Couples don’t need to wait for long and can get their marriage license the same day they apply. Additionally, the city houses some of the world’s most unique and legendary wedding chapels.
Even though Las Vegas is known for facilitating quickie weddings, it’s still essential for couples to have some preparation before D-day. Congratulations on finding the love of your life and taking the bold decision to tie the knot. Before you rush to the altar, we have compiled a detailed guide to prep you for your Vegas wedding experience.
A Guide To Getting Married in Sin City
Las Vegas is an appealing destination for couples who want to get married and get their marriage certificate on the same day. The Clark County Marriage License Bureau issues the marriage certificates. The county clerk requests that couples planning to get married in Vegas should preregister for their marriage certificate on the bureau’s website. Pre-registering makes it easy for one to collect their marriage license at the Clark County Marriage License Bureau’s office.
Clark County Marriage License Bureau
Address: 201 E. Clark Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Northwest corner of 3rd Street and Clark)
Phone number: +1 702-671-0600
You can preregister for the Nevada marriage licenses as early as 60 days before your wedding. Couples opting for instantaneous marriages can still make an impromptu appearance at the Bureau’s office and apply for their marriage license.
The Clark County Marriage License Bureau’s offices are open daily from 8 am to midnight. When applying for a marriage license to get married in Vegas, you need to have the following documents and details:
- The documents showing proof of age must be government-issued, like a driver’s license and official ID.
- US citizens need to know their social security numbers.
- The marriage license application fee ($102) is paid in cash, debit, or credit card.
- Divorced applicants should provide details about the divorce, like the month, day, year, and location where the divorce was finalized.
- Widowed applicants need to provide details on when they were widowed; month, day, year, and location (city & state).
The couples shouldn’t be nearer to kin than cousins of half-blood or second cousins. Applicants 17 years old and residents of Clark County can apply for a court order from a Nevada District Court Judge. The court order will give the legal freedom to apply for a marriage license.
You can apply for a Nevada marriage license if you meet the above simple qualifications. It’s essential to ensure your names are written correctly during the application to avoid possible legal issues in the future. In case you are making a physical application, you and your partner must show up at the Clark County Marriage License Bureau’s offices. However, the Clark County Marriage License Bureau gives an exception for couples to physically apply for a marriage license if one of the partners is a hospitalized or incarcerated applicant.
The marriage license must be picked in person by either applicant.
Where to Get Married in Las Vegas
Sin City has many wedding locations, and while most of these venues offer last-minute accommodations, making reservations is strongly recommended. The city has many options for couples, whether you want to get married on the Las Vegas Strip or in the desert.
Below are the famous wedding chapels in Las Vegas that you should consider getting married at:
Weddings at Bellagio
Address: Bellagio Hotel & Casino
Operating hours: 9 am to 5 pm (Monday to Friday), 10 am to 6 pm (Saturday and Sunday)
Phone: +1 888-464-4436
The Little Vegas Chapel
Address: 1330 S 3rd St, Las Vegas, NV 89104,
Operating hours: 9:00 am to 8:30 pm (Sunday to Thursday) and 9:00 am to 9:30 pm (Friday and Saturday).
Phone: +1 702-385-5683
Chapel of the Flowers
Address: 1717 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89104
Operating hours: 7 am to 9 pm (Monday to Saturday, but on Thursday, it opens at 8 am), Sunday (8 am to 8 pm).
Phone: +1 702-735-4331
Graceland Wedding Chapel
Address: 619 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101, United States
Operating hours: 9 am to 11 pm daily.
Phone: +1 702-382-0091
The Little Neon Chapel
Address: 450 E Fremont St #173, Las Vegas, NV 89101, United States
Operating hours: 10 am to 9 pm (Sunday to Friday) and 10 am to 9:30 pm on Saturday.
Phone: +1 702-418-2994
When picking a wedding location, it’s essential to consider any packages they have that can handle your wedding reception, photography, or any other extra services you will need. When you have everything handled by one wedding venue, it streamlines the planning process. You also get to save a lot of money, and you could have spent hiring independent vendors and planners.
Las Vegas weddings come in various styles, whether you want an Elvis Presley-themed wedding or a simple garden wedding. The options are diverse, and the wedding planners are more than ready and willing to make your Vegas dream wedding come true.
Where to Stay
When planning a wedding, even an impromptu wedding, requires one to have planned where they will stay after the wedding. Las Vegas has so many accommodation options ranging from high-end hotels to amazing Airbnbs. While visiting Las Vegas, you will definitely find accommodation that meets your budget and taste.
Sin City is a “Marriage Capital of the World,” meaning many hotels offer various honeymoon packages for newlyweds. The hotels can also host your bachelor and bachelorette parties, whether you have a small or a big group of friends. Additionally, you can enjoy upscale rooms, luxurious spas, and romantic couple’s packages. Popular hotels for newlyweds in Las Vegas include:
Bellagio Hotel & Casino
Address: 3600 S Las Vegas Blvd
Phone: +1 888-987-6667
Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas
Address: 3752 Las Vegas Blvd S
Phone: +1 702-590-8888
ARIA Resort & Casino
Address: 3730 S Las Vegas Blvd
Phone: +1 866-359-7757
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Address: 3708 Las Vegas Blvd S
Phone: +1 702-698-7000
Encore at Wynn Las Vegas
Address: 3131 Las Vegas Blvd S
Phone: +1 702-770-7000
Some hotels even offer the option of hosting your wedding and including it in your accommodation package. It’s essential to make early bookings for accommodation to avoid last-minute rushes and disappointments.
What to Do During Your Honeymoon
Las Vegas is one of the cities in the world filled with undeniable romance. The city can rekindle the lover’s spark in a couple’s heart, making them fall in love even deeper. When getting married in Sin City, you also get a chance to spend a one on one quality time with your spouse. The city is dotted with plenty of activities that newlyweds can engage in and make their honeymoon more memorable than ever.
Luckily, these activities have different price ranges, with some costing nothing; it all depends on your preference.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Explore Sin City from the sky with your loved one. You will enjoy Las Vegas city’s fantastic scenery, like the beautiful scenery of the valleys and mountains. A hot air balloon ride will take you away from the Las Vegas Strip and give you a different side of the city most people tend to forget about.
- Gondola Rides at the Venetian: Get married in Sin City and enjoy an Italian couple’s experience. You will feel like you are in Europe, enjoying the peaceful, calming ride down the Grand Canal. You can opt for the indoor or outdoor gondola ride.
- Dine in Darkness: Dinners are a must-have for every couple. However, explore your taste buds and heighten your senses by dining in darkness. The experience gives you and your partner a chance to connect with your meal in a sensual way.
- Strolling down Fremont Street: One of the best places to have unlimited fun in Las Vegas is Fremont Street. Free entertainment awaits you in this part of the city, ranging from live concerts, and street performances to dances. You can walk hand in hand with your spouse as you enjoy the downtown Las Vegas entrainment scene.
- Bellagio Fountains: If you don’t have the money to get married at the Bellagio Resort, you can still have beautiful honeymoon moments at the Bellagio Fountains. Grab your camera and enjoy an evening of fantastic music performance at the Bellagio Fountains with your spouse at no fee.
Every wedding can have its challenges o matter how much you plan. If you are coming to Sin City to get married, you will need all the help you can get. If you have friends and family, ask for help from them and get their opinion on some of the issues stressing you out. Frequently communicating with your wedding planner and organizer will help substantially in eliminating some of the possible hiccups you might have in your wedding. Asking for help and making inquiries will also help you get the best deals and insights about what you want and how your dream Vegas wedding will turn out.