Shark Week may be over, but you can keep the celebrations going with a visit to see actual sharks at the Shark Reef Aquarium!
The Shark Reef Aquarium is located on the infamous Las Vegas Strip inside of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, Resort & Casino (just pass the convention area & wedding chapel). There are over 2,000 animals that call the Shark Reef home, including giant stingrays, endangered sea turtles, and sharks oh my!
The Shark Reef Aquarium is full of awe-inspiring animals and educational information, but my absolute favorite section is the glass tunnel aquarium. This is where sharks and other fish swim not only around you but over your head as well! It is amazing!
There are also different experiences and animal encounters offered at the Shark Reef Aquarium. The availability of these special programs currently fluctuates, so please call or check the website for more information. Some of the experiences offered are:
- View, Dive & Feed Experience - Experience swimming with sharks or whales virtually with this realistic VR experience!
- Dive with Sharks Program – This is a hosted experience that is approximately 4-hours in length. In this animal encounter, participants dive live with the various species of sharks!
- Sea Turtle Feed – This is a hosted experience that is approximately 45-minutes in length. In this animal encounter, participants are allowed to get up close and personal to interact with Turtles!
- Shark Feed – This is a hosted experience that is approximately 45-minutes in length. In this animal encounter, participants learn about the sharks' feeding process, and then they are presented with the opportunity to feed sharks themselves!
- Stingray Feed - This is a hosted experience that is approximately 1-hour in length. In this animal encounter, participants are given a tour and then are presented with the opportunity to feed the stingrays breakfast!
- Underwater Proposal – Have you imagine planning your big day with an audience of over2,000 animals as you pop the big question? Oh, and by the way, do you want it to be underwater as well? The Shark Reef has got you covered! Talk about a wow factor as you propose underwater while at the Shark Reef!
In compliance with current regulations, reservations are required for entry into the Shark Reef, and this can be done online, by phone or in person. The Shark Reef is a family-friendly activity that is open daily and offers several admissions packages, including an annual pass option and a discount for Nevada residents.
*Please refer to the official website for hours of operation, admission pricing, available animal encounters, and the most up-to-date information. https://mandalaybay.mgmresorts.com/en/entertainment/shark-reef-aquarium.html